With just a week to go until Halloween we have put together a guide on how to make the perfect Toffee Apples.
They only take 20 minutes to make and are great for Halloween parties.
8 red apples
300 grams of caster sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp of lemon juice
8 lollipop sticks
Sprinkles, chocolate, coconut for decoration.
1. To begin, wash and dry the apples place the lollipop sticks through each apple.
2. Add the sugar, golden syrup and water into a saucepan and put on a low heat.
3. When the sugar has dissolved increase the heat and let the toffee simmer until it goes an amber colour.
4. Next take the saucepan off the heat and add the lemon juice.
5. Now dip each apple into the toffee so they are covered.
6. Leave the apples to cool for a few minutes and dip the top of the apples in your decorations.
7. Place the apples on baking parchment to set.
Once the toffee has set around the apple they are ready to be enjoyed!